“And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God to mature manhood to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-13
Rural America is in need of Evangelists. Men who take the message of the cross to the people; house to house and in the market place (Acts 5:42; Acts 17:17), rather than advertise its proclamation and then wait for the people to come to the pulpit. Rural America needs men who do more than share the greatest story ever told; they are witnesses (Acts 4:20) of the life-changing power of the cross and the resurrection of Jesus Christ because they speak from personal experience. They are men who make disciples of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20) rather than church-goers and then mature and equip those disciples for service and leadership. Rural America needs these men now.
There are churches in rural communities right now that are praying for God to send them such men. They are looking for a man who will view himself as a missionary to rural America; a man who will join them in their mission to fill their rural communities with the truth and grace of Jesus Christ and restore the Kingdom of God in America’s heartland. They are praying for a man as described below:
- A man who relentlessly pursues a walk with God in humility, devotion and personal and private worship.
- A man known to be filled with the Spirit by his reliance on the Spirit in transforming his character, empowering him for his ministry, and leading him in his pursuit of God and His will.
- A man who communicates the Word of God with integrity, accuracy, boldly, and with a conviction of one in whom the Word is deeply rooted.
- A man who relates well to all people and has not forgotten he too is human in need of God’s grace.
- If a family man, a man whose wife respects and supports his ministry.
- A man whose public life is a reflection of his private life.
- A man who is good with children and recognizes that without them in the church today there will be no church tomorrow.
- A man who is effective in leading people into a saved relationship with Christ AND also effective in maturing them as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Similarly, a man who is effective in equipping disciples for leadership and service in the body of Christ.
- A man who is a team player.
- A man who will make a minimum of a 5 year commitment to the church and its mission to build the Kingdom of God in rural America.
- A man whose ultimate loyalty is to His Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and not to any man, institution or human tradition.
If you are this man, or know of such a man, and would like more information or wish to submit a resume, you may do so by forwarding your inquiries or submission to: email@example.com, att: Evangelist Search.