1) Jesus grew up in a rural community. Nazareth; pop. 500.
2) You don’t have to learn a second language.
3) You’ll bring the love of Jesus to one of the newest and most overlooked mission fields in our world today.
4) You don’t have to raise a truckload of support to go. The entire cost to do missions for one month is $650.00. (Compare that to $1400.00 for just one roundtrip ticket to Africa.)
5) You will minister to the same needs you will find in the inner-city: substance abuse, broken families, poverty, & biblical ignorance (to name a few).
6) You will be welcomed into community with people who practiced community before community was cool.
7) You will discover a deeper meaning to ministry as you apply it through service, evangelism and discipleship.
8) You will promote inter-generational ministry.
9) You will reach out to a truly marginalized people – Rural Americans.
10) You will experience spiritual transformation as you learn to better follow the lead and rely on the power of the Holy Spirit.
Bonus #1 – You will make friends fast. Rural Americans are some of the friendliest people in the world. (And you can go back for a visit over the weekend instead needing a month.)
Bonus # 2 – You will eat food as good or better than your Grandma’s cooking!